<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 09, 2007

What's more fun than Tuesday morning knitting group???

Thursday morning knitting group!

Due to life in general, I hadn't been able to make it back to the Tuesday morning knitting group. But... they had mentioned another group that met on Thursday mornings... so yesterday morning, stars aligned, and Tali and I rushed off to meet the knitters. We were in such a hurry that I got a freaking speeding ticket on the way! There's a joke about a cardigan and a pullover somewhere in here, but I'm letting it be... because 55 in a 35 is no joke... any ideas on how to get such charges minimized?

Anyway, once I arrived and calmed down, it was really fun! The group meets at Orpha's in Skillman-- lots more people than the Tuesday group, and raucous discussion of knitted thongs and such, plus soy milk for the lattes. How can I go wrong? I think I'm going to be working Tuesdays starting in April, but I will try to leave Thursdays free as much as possible. I will just proceed slowly down Promenade Boulevard. Feh.

Tali snoozed, and I started this:



It's a sock for my oldest friend-- not age-wise-- we've just been friends the longest. Anyway, her husband was recently diagnosed with testicular cancer, and I don't live close enough to do anything truly helpful... so I wanted to make something yellow... and this is what I came up with. The yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton from Carriellen's stash... and the pattern is More Fun Than Cables Sock Pattern. I had a whole "Livestrong" thing charted out-- but decided I liked this better. Many good vibes knitted in to this sock.

Hey-- if you have a minute, can you take this survey? We're thinking of starting a blog for the office & need to know what eye stuff people find interesting.

Click here to take survey

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?