<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Yeah, so I have hatarrhea. So what.



They're preemie hats. Good baby karma, and whatnot.

I didn't make all of these in the last 2 days. Most were done, and just needed ends woven in etc. I did make the little red one start to finish Tuesday night. One of our Wednesday patients was a NICU nurse, so I did these to bring to her.

This maternity leave thing is good for knitting. Midwife yesterday reports "no progress" despite a week of constant contractions, so looks like we're on target for November 27th. I worked a little bit yesterday, and will go in for a few hours today to meet with the new accountant & do an interview. Saturday is my last official day, and then the real maternity leave kicks in.

I am struck lately by the gravity of "maternity leave" for women who have no intention of going back to work. I can't imagine not working. I am in awe of my friends who stay home with their kids. I couldn't do it. I don't think I'd make it 2 weeks. I'm not saying it's wrong... just wouldn't work for me. At all. But anyway, I can't imagine leaving work Saturday to go on "maternity leave" knowing that I wasn't going back.

It is like saying "AS OF THIS DAY, I AM NO LONGER A... (fill in former occupation here)... I AM A MOTHER." (Not a cow or a hen, or a snort). Like, yeah... becoming a mother does change an awful lot of things... and in my opinion, being a full-time mother is probably the hardest job out there... but I really like still being something else too. Of course, I happen to love what I do. I equally can't imagine leaving my kid(s!) in daycare to head off to a job I hate.

Okay, too much thinking. Now I'm tired. 9:00 a.m.... must be nap time.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?