<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 27, 2006

For something completely different...

We spent a very worthwhile day today with Ellen, of Finally Organized, LLC. Jonathan has been wanting to get our upstairs "office" organized for ages-- and as I am totally useless when it comes to things like this, I decided to call in a professional. For Chanukah, I got him a gift certificate for 5 hours of organization... and today was the big day!

Well... a picture is worth a thousand words, so...

This was the couch area before...



And after!



(Want the couch? It's very comfortable, and it's free to a good home! Let me know...)

This was the bookshelf before...



And after! (Note the 2 bottom shelves are EMPTY!!!)



And the desk before...



And after!



(Hey jw, I think she'd travel to Ohio for the right price)

Very fun. The best part is that all of that stuff ISN'T just moved somewhere else in the house (as it is when *we* try to organize!) Most of it is thrown out-- we threw out 10 or 12 full trash bags of stuff, and have 2 or 3 more to give away. I put some stuff up on freecycle, and the Vietnam Vets are scheduled to pick up on Wednesday. It's NICE.

There's some work still to be done up here-- but this is way beyond a great start. I'm wishing we had the rest of the week off to do more!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?