<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

All good news from me today...

Dr. Sabin says it is doubtful that Sam's nose is broken, and if it is, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. If he still has swelling, I'm supposed to bring him back next Tuesday, although it is apparently normal for the swelling to last up to 6 weeks.

I took a picture of the finished shrug. Actually, Jonathan took the picture. I stood there feeling rather idiotic.



I knew there was a reason I don't wear shrugs. Fortunately, Sue's nieces are younger & thinner & cuter than I... hopefully they like them.

And just a little resume (actually cover letter) highlight from our recent search for a part-time receptionist...

12/13/2005

Dear [hiring manager name]:
[If hiring manager name is unknown, use:]
Dear Hiring Manager:

I was interested to see your job posting on Monster for a [job title] and would like to learn more about this opportunity.

I am a [Current Job Title] with extensive experience [highlight a skill or area where you achieved measurable benefits] for [employer names]. I have [number of years] years of experience [provide high-level description of responsibilities in this role]. In this role, I [describe key responsibilities].

I feel that my [name skill(s)] would be an asset in this role.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to have the opportunity to discuss the opening with you in person.

Sincerely...


Wow. I mean, with a letter like that, so personalized to our business, how could I *not* call her back!?!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?