<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 07, 2005

The feesh sweater is all sewn together-- I just have to weave in the ends, finish the pouch, block it, and neaten it up a bit. I will hopefully have a finished object photo tomorrow or Saturday.

In the meantime, I have been sidelined by laryngitis! Around 4:00 yesterday afternoon, I was sounding rather sexy... by evening, it hurt to swallow, and by the time I woke up this morning, it took tremendous effort to even squeak! I had planned to go into work to see patients-- we had celebrated the 4th anniversary of our office on Tuesday, and July is always a month of favorite long-time patients-- and Jonathan was going to stay home with Sam. Luckily, we were able to get Sam into daycare, and Jonathan and I both went to work-- him to see patients, and me to squeak and whisper things to staff and patients alike. I must jabber constantly-- my world was very quiet without me talking! When I did talk, though, everyone listened really carefully... as if me asking what they wanted from Subway was some kind of wonderful secret.

Sam is a bit confused. He thinks we're playing some sort of whispering game. Tonight, he put his little face about two inches from mine and whispered "Hi, Mommy!" It was quite cute. I told him he had to read his bedtime stories to me... instead of me reading to him. He really tried. He was quite brilliant today-- he managed a 7-word sentence "Choo-choo train is under the breeedge"... and also noted "Henry the 'dockapus has eyes." Hello? Harvard?

So I'm off to sleep tonight... I am scheduled to see patients at our Low Vision Center tomorrow, but unless I have some miraculous recovery, I think that Jonathan will end up going in. Forgive the rambling... I have to talk somehow!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?