<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 30, 2005

My shoulder is okay. I went to the doctor-- she recommended bloodwork (all normal) and also referred me to a rheumatologist & gastroenterologist.

Sylvia (my mother-in-law): If you're reading this, you might want to stop now. I'm serious.

(She's an MD... no tolerance for those chiropractors, acupuncturists & other quacks... so I'm quite sure this story will disturb her)

Anyway, I ignored my doctor's recommendations, and went instead to my friendly neighborhood naturopath, who checked out my aura, evaluated my energy field by waving my arm around and prying my thumb and pinky apart while I held various potions, and determined I had a parasite... recommended the appropriate herbs and homeopathic remedies that she sells in her multi-level-marketing scheme (what's up with Mormons and multi-level-marketing, anyway?)... and I was on my way.

I haven't started taking the stuff yet (can't seem to remember to bring it in from my car)-- but my shoulder is 80% better anyway. I can use the equipment in my office. I can knit in short spurts. I have been working on the feesh sweater. I made up the neck shaping and the hood pattern as I went along-- totally just winging it, and hoping it comes out okay.



The picture doesn't show it, but this sweater is about twice the size of my kid... so I have a couple of years to rip & fix if it doesn't turn out just right.

We're off to Toronto tomorrow. I can't decide what knitting to bring. I could bring this sweater, and try to finish it... but finishing a sweater (especially when there's not a pattern) isn't really great social hang-out-with-the-family kind of knitting. I could bring Jonathan's second sock. But navy blue 2x2 ribbing is going to get VERY old after 5 days of nothing else, and I might be tempted to go out and buy yarn to start something new. Maybe I'll bring the sock, the sweater... and the Michael & Elana blanket. That should keep me busy, and out of Romni Wools...

Have a great Canada Day & 4th of July!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?