<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 19, 2004

It's been kind of a sad day. One of Sam's daycare buddies, Aryeh, lost his dad this weekend. We found out this morning. I never met him, and I only know Aryeh's mom from chatting for 5 minutes when we happen to drop the kids off or pick them up at the same time... but I feel so incredibly sad. I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through... losing her husband and suddenly finding herself the single mom of a toddler in the same moment.

I've been working on this simple stockinette watch cap as my car knitting project. I decided in the past week or two that I would make it for Aryeh, and put as much good knitting energy as I could into it. Last night, I brought it in the house to work on... after we got the e-mail about his dad this morning, I came home from work and finished it.



I'm hugging Jonathan & Sam a little bit harder today, for sure. I'm just really sad.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?