<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

On this, my 1-year blogiversary, I present:

100 Things About Me
(I've been meaning to write this for oh, about a year now)

1. I am an optometrist
2. I am a mom
3. I am a knitter
4. I am a vegetarian… 99% vegan
5. I will eat cakes and cookies made with eggs, on occasion
6. I have not had any meat, chicken, or fish since 1993.
7. I grew up in Cranford, NJ
8. I graduated from Cranford High School in 1989.
9. I was on the tennis team, but I sucked at tennis
10. The rest of the team sucked too, and I played 2nd singles and was the captain.
11. Our record my senior year was 2 wins, 18 losses, and 1 tie.
12. I was 16 when I graduated from high school and started college.
13. Even though I was 16 (and looked younger), the bartenders at the Cash Inn used to serve me grapefruit juice and vodka (yuck)
14. I graduated from SUNY Binghamton (now Binghamton University) in 1993.
15. I graduated from New England College of Optometry in 1997
16. Within 3 months, I graduated, got married, started working, and moved.
17. I became interested in eye care while working at a camp for blind children while I was in college
18. I worked there for 5 summers as lifeguard, and then as waterfront director
19. One of the things I am proudest of during my time there was inventing a game called Pok-Oar, where the kids went around in rowboats and picked up playing cards which were glued to Styrofoam plates floating in the lake… they could only pick up 5, and then could exchange one and draw another. Whoever got the best hand at the end of the boating period won.
20. Boating was really boring before Pok-Oar.
21. Now I go back to camp to do staff training about eyes and low vision.
22. Next year, I should ask if they still play Pok-Oar
23. I am married to an incredible man
24. He and I own an optometry office together
25. I am really proud of our office, and I love going to work
26. I have had a quasi-famous person as a patient, but HIPAA prevents me from telling you who it is.
27. We also run a Low Vision Center in New Brunswick NJ
28. I like running a business, but I don’t like being “the boss”
29. Before Sam, we called our office “our baby”
30. Sam was born August 17, 2003
31. Before Sam was born, I was a bit of a workaholic
32. Sometimes I think I still am.
33. Money represents independence to me
34. I have had a lot of jobs.
35. I used to be a birthday party hostess at Chuck E. Cheese… and filled in as Chuck E. when the regular guy was out.
36. I used to teach CPR classes
37. I was a campus tour guide at Binghamton, and could be informative and funny while walking backwards.
38. I like making people laugh.
39. I was a USY advisor for 6 years, and loved it.
40. I like getting kids excited about positive things.
41. I like being the center of attention
42. I am an only child
43. My parents got divorced a few years ago and didn’t tell me.
44. I happened to ask my dad “What did you do today?” and he said he got divorced.
45. They were separated, so it wasn’t a huge shock
46. Still, as their kid, I thought I should have known in advance.
47. I’m over it.
48. I tend to be very forgiving, usually give people the benefit of the doubt, and don’t hold grudges.
49. I don’t have any nicknames.
50. Well… maybe Jonathan calls me “Boo” on occasion… but only because I call him “Boo”
51. If you ask Sam, “What does a ghost say?” he says, “Booooooo”
52. I wonder if all parents think that their baby is the cutest baby in the world, or if ours just really is.
53. I think Sam should have his own blog, but I don’t have enough time to help him keep it up.
54. There are a lot of things I want to do, but there are not enough hours in the day to do them all.
55. I really like public speaking
56. I think about consulting and lecturing, a lot
57. I am working on a project that will hopefully lead in this direction.
58. I know almost nothing about geography
59. I am a terrible procrastinator
60. I procrastinate because I have always done it, and everything always works out okay.
61. I work best under pressure, and respond well to deadlines
62. I try not to put deadlines on my knitting
63. People think I am very organized, but I am totally not… I just fake it really well.
64. Even some of my good friends are fooled by my organized façade
65. I have 18 boobs-- scattered all over the world
66. I’d explain further, but it’s a secret
67. I think I have more e-friends than real friends
68. That is probably because I can talk with e-friends whenever I have free time, and they respond when they have free time
69. I don’t have a lot of free time
70. I am terrible about giving gifts and sending cards on time
71. Fortunately, so is Jonathan
72. We are making an effort to improve this, so that Sam can learn the joy of giving gifts… on time.
73. I had LASIK in January 2000, and purposely left myself a little blurry.
74. I like eyeglasses a lot, but can’t find glasses I like.
75. Fortunately, I don’t really need glasses that much, but get to help other people with their glasses every day.
76. I want a new set of drinking glasses for our house.
77. I want a lot of things for our house—including a bedroom set.
78. We have lived in our current house (a townhouse) since February 1999.
79. People told us not to buy a townhouse because it was a bad investment, but ours has more than doubled in value since we bought it.
80. The light in our refrigerator went out almost a year ago, and we can’t fix it. Now we are so used to it that we see other peoples’ refrigerator lights as something exciting and special.
81. I have a bad habit of buying produce, and then throwing it out when it goes bad.
82. Bad things don’t usually happen to me.
83. I think that this is partially luck, but mostly because I have made some really good decisions.
84. Because I don’t have experience dealing with bad things, I have some anxiety about how it will be when something bad does happen.
85. I had 4 living grandparents until I was 30 and my grandfather died.
86. I think he was the only person I really loved who died.
87. At 32 years old (me, not him) that’s not a bad track record.
88. Sometimes I worry that it will all come crashing down at once.
89. As long as I have Jonathan, I should be okay.
90. Our wedding song was “Sleeping Dog”
91. Jonathan really likes Pete Townshend
92. He also really likes Bruce Springteen
93. I really didn’t have my own taste in music until recently.
94. I just liked whatever the guy I was dating at the time liked.
95. Then I discovered I like jazz.
96. I have absolutely NO musical talent whatsoever
97. I think people who sing are amazing
98. I have more rhythm than Jonathan
99. That’s not saying much.
100. I procrastinated a whole year, and it only took me 40 minutes to write this list. Now I feel like a real blogger

I'm going to work on a FO gallery and fill in my "inspiration" links as well... maybe before my 2-year blogiversary.

Can someone help me figure out how to set up a permanent link to this in my sidebar?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?