<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 26, 2004

Hello... blogging from my mother-in-law's computer in Toronto today...

On the recommendation of the Yarn Harlot (thanks!), we took a trip downtown to Romni Wools. Quite a store!!! A huge space-- literally wall to wall (and ceiling to floor) of every yarn I could imagine (except Jaeger Merino, which I was looking for, but that's okay, read on). I got lots... not tons... but lots. The highlight, I think was 2 skeins of Regia Silk sock yarn, which I hadn't seen before. I am using this to make socks for Jonathan based on Nancy Bush's "Socks for a Guy" pattern which was in Pieceworks magazine. So far, very nice. They were going to be Jaeger Merino... but this is even better, and machine washable, so I'm happy. I also got 5 skeins of some awesome charcoal gray 100% alpaca, which will probably become a scarf. I bought some hot pink and black novelty-ish stuff to make gloves for my grandmother (I offered to make her a shawl for Chanukah, and she said she'd rather have gloves). I also bought some orange Baby Ull which I am hoping will solve the problem of Sam's sweater, but am thinking now it might not... and a ball of Paton's Kroy, to use with a ball I already have in stash, for another hat from my hat book.

Sorry for no links/photos... I'm on dial-up here! I'll have lots of pictures when I get back. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?