<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Sorry. I've been busy KNITTING since I got back from Stitches, and haven't taken the time to blog!

Stitches East was VERY VERY VERY fun, although we didn't have enough time there! Next year, Sue & I will stay overnight.

The exhibit hall (market?) was great. There were so many booths with such great yarns. Sue bought supplies to make ponchos for her nieces for Christmas. I, of course, was paralyzed by all of the options, and decided to look around at everything before buying anything. I thought my class ended at 3:00 (the exhibit hall closed at 4:00), so just bought a few things, and planned to go back & do some heavy duty shopping in the last hour. When I got to class, I realized it didn't end until 4:30... so no more shopping. But that's okay.

One of the things I bought was a book of hat patterns-- Hats On!... so that's what I've been working on since I got home.



Pretty cool, right? I am impressing myself with this one! I really like knitting in colors. I said that last winter when I did that headband for myself... I guess I meant it! There are a bunch of patterns in the book that I really like, and will make, so I'm happy with that purchase.

I bought some yarn as well-- forgot to take pictures (hey, it's early!) and will do that tomorrow.

My class (Finishing With Flair) was very good. It was taught by Chris Bylsma. I thought she did a great job. I had never taken a knitting class before, and will look forward to taking many many more. Here's what I made in class...

What the heck is it?


Oh... nice sleeve-to-body seam


Lovely shoulder seam, and picked up neckline


A button band, picked up without counting... and are those two different kinds of button holes? (Check out my spa manicure!)


So there's my report. I will post more hat progress very soon (considering I can't stop knitting)


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?