<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I started my swatches for Stitches East... but got an e-mail today from Gail, who is the wife of our ex-computer-guy Brian, who developed cancer, and moved to Alabama. Anyway, Gail said that Brian is going to be undergoing a bone marrow transplant-- he just started the heavy chemo necessary, and will be in the hospital for at least a month going through treatments leading up to the transplant. His birthday is October 11th, so she gave us his address in the hospital to send cards etc to cheer him up.

I figure a hat is a good thing for a person undergoing chemotherapy. I decided to make him a London Beanie, because he is originally from London.

I went to Knit Kit which is the yarn store I used to go to before I started reading blogs & becoming a yarn snob... I bought Cotton Fleece... because how cold does it really get in Alabama... anyway, here's my progress.



By the way, I LOVE my stitch markers... thank you again for the RAOK, Andrea!

While I was at Knit Kit, I discovered I had $29 credit on a gift certificate that my mom got me last Chanukah... so I bought some Phildar Jean (I think that's what it's called). Not sure what I'm going to make with it. The selection there isn't great. It's kind of a funny shop... it's dark, and crowded, and dirty... and there is a cat there, and the yarn smells funny... but Donna, the owner, is awesome-- she creates patterns on the spot for whatever you want to make. She's done some fun requests for me-- like when I wanted to knit a bunting in the shape of a star (a-la Maggie Simpson) for Adam & Amy's first baby. I feel bad that I go to other stores more frequently now... kind of like I'm cheating on the yarn store... but I digress.

Since I am digressing... I will wish HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet husband Jonathan! Kiesha, Rachel & Pam bought us lunch today. They asked me to bring some kind of muffin or cupcake that my vegan weight watcher hubby would eat. Here is the result... which they found rather hilarious.




|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?