<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Wow. I haven't said it yet... I was quite unsure in the beginning... but as the finished product starts to emerge, I will say it...

I LOVE THIS PROJECT!

Blocking... wow! I definitely needed to do something to the curled and tangled mess that was the border. I've never blocked anything before... so per my mother-in-law's instructions, I took a wet dishtowel, placed it over the knitting, and PSSSSSSSSSSSH... steamed away! It was awesome... although I think I was a bit overzealous, as the border was then about 4 times the perimeter of the blanket...

But I carefully started sewing (which I am not good at), and slowly, the side seemed to even out... and IT LOOKS AWESOME! I LOVE IT!

I've done 3/4 of one side, and am ready to call it a night... but I am really happy with the way this is turning out! In the old pre-Sam days, I would have stayed up all night to finish... maybe. Now, 10:00 pm, child is sleeping & I should be too. Photo tomorrow.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?