<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

So I've never had this dilemma before. I bought some Manos de Uruguay wool at Glenmarle Woolworks- I forget the official name of the color, but it is an awesome red-burgundy. The original intent was to make a Booga Bag for Kiesha. I started the bag, and the yarn was just too nice for the bag... like I felt bad that it was *only* going to be a bag, and not something more spectactular. So I ripped that out. I started a cabled scarf with it, but I don't know if that's nice enough either. The cable kind of thickens the wool & makes the scarf feel stiff... it looks pretty, but doesn't feel soft & drapey like a scarf should... plus, I don't think the 2 skeins I have will make a whole scarf. I'll do a few more inches and decide-- I've never had yarn so nice that I felt it deserved a beautiful project. I love it. The yarn for the secret pal gift should be in the mail today (considering I got a delivery confirmation notice Saturday)... I hope I like the project I picked out.

Gail reports that her cat loved the catnip mouse... I gave her one for Dave's cat (KittyBum?) and will give one to Jody tonight at stamp camp for Proutsy. Hopefully, Susan will bring the baby blanket she started at the Stitch & Chat... I can't wait to see her progress.

I have to figure out something to knit tomorrow on the train to & from the dentist!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?